Fever is normal diseases among all peoples.everyday someone facing fiver in household and it is normal diseases it happens when body temperature raises the body temperature above its normal level. This thermostat is found in a part of the brain called the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus knows what temperature your body should be around and will send messages to your body to keep it that way.
Most people’s body temperatures even change a little bit during the course of the day: It’s usually a little lower in the morning and a little higher in the evening and can vary as kids run around, play, and exercise.
Sometimes, though, the hypothalamus will “reset” the body to a higher temperature in response to an infection, illness, or some other cause. Researchers believe that turning up the heat is a way for the body to fight the germs that cause infections, making it a less comfortable place for them.
facts upon fever
- could be considered any body temperature above the normal 98.6 F (37 C), medically, a person is not considered to have a significant fever until the temperature is above 100.4 F (38.0 C).
- Most fever is beneficial, causes no problems, and helps the body fight off infections. The main reason to treat a fever is to increase comfort.
- Fever is the result of an immune response by your body to a foreign invader. Foreign invaders include viruses bacteria, fungi, drugs or other toxins.
- Children under 3 months of age with a temperature of 100.4 F (38.0 C) or greater should be seen by a health-care professional. They may be quite ill and not show any signs or symptoms besides a fever. Infants younger than 6 weeks of age should be seen immediately by their doctor.
- The prognosis for a fever depends on the cause. Most cases of fever are self-limited and resolve with treatment of symptoms.
- A person who is taking immunosuppressant drugs or who has a history of or diagnosis of cancer, aids or other serious illness, such as heart diseases, diabetes, should seek medical care if a fever develops.
What Causes Fevers?
Fevers can be caused by a few things, including:
Infection: Most fevers are caused by infection or other illness. A fever helps the body fight infections by stimulating natural defense mechanisms.
Overdressing: Infants, especially newborns, may get fevers if they’re overbundled or in a hot environment because they don’t regulate their body temperature as well as older kids. But because fevers in newborns can indicate a serious infection, even infants who are overdressed must be checked by a doctor if they have a fever.
Immunizations: Babies and kids sometimes get a low-grade fever after getting vaccinated.
Although teething may cause a slight rise in body temperature, it’s probably not the cause if a child’s temperature is higher than 100°F (37.8°C).
sign and symptoms of fever:-
A fever can cause a person to feel very uncomfortable. Signs and symptoms of a fever include the following:
- Joint pain
- Sore throat
- Chills and shivering
- Increased heart rate
Natural Remedies for Fever:-
Ayurveda has a safe and effective answer to how to cure fever in a day. These home remedies for fever are a better choice than those antibiotics and OTC drugs. The best part is that treating a fever can be done with simple ingredients that you can find in your kitchen and they don’t have any side effects.
- Garlic is the superstar of herbs that works as a natural remedy for cold and fever. Renowned for its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, it is your best bet for relief from persistent coughs and clearing up congestion. The compound allicin, which gives garlic its potent flavor, is also responsible for its fever-fixing superpowers.
- How to use: Crush 5-6 cloves of garlic and consume raw for prompt relief. You can also camouflage the strong flavor by mixing the crushed pods in a cup of curd.
- Ginger is another quintessential kitchen herb that has been used to treat various ailments for centuries. It is a magic bullet that zaps away respiratory tract infections, persistent coughs and bronchial problems. Loaded with the germ-fighting phytochemical ajeone, ginger is Mother Nature’s remedy for bacterial and viral infections.
- How to use: Make a refreshing ginger tea by boiling a few slices of ginger in water. Strain and add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey for a natural fever cure.
- Cinnamon is an aromatic spice that is a natural antibiotic. This deeply warming spice can soothe sore throats, and treat cough and cold.
- How to use: If you think you have a flu coming on, prevent it by drinking a cuppa with one teaspoon of cinnamon with two cardamom pods. You can boost the healing power of this tea by adding some freshly grated ginger to it.
- Honey is a golden gift when it comes to anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and antioxidant properties. It is also one of the most nourishing foods to have during a fever as it is loaded with calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc.
- How to use: Juice apricots in a cup and mix with one teaspoon of honey which is an excellent home remedy for fever. It satiates thirst and eliminates waste from the body. It also provides much-needed vitamins and minerals to the body during a fever.
- Many are familiar with kanji as rice starch is called in Hindi. It is a time tested remedy for fever which acts as a natural diuretic that increases urination and flushes out the toxins. Rice starch is a nourishing drink, especially for kids and aged people with fever.
- How to use: Cook a cup of rice using one and half cup of water. Once cooked, strain the liquid. In glass of rice starch, add a pinch of rock salt and drink to become fever-free.